The Old Stone House is owned and maintained by the Service League of Morgantown. Founded in 1935, Service League of Morgantown’s mission has been to give back to their local community to improve the lives of local citizens through charitable, educational and cultural activities. In its 85 years of existence, the league has contributed more than $401,100 back to the Morgantown community. This includes over $26,000 to the Morgantown Public Library, approximately $82,537 toward books for Mon County School libraries, and over $292,600 to other charitable donations throughout Monongalia County.
The Gift Shop is open year round and features many local and handcrafted items. All sales proceeds support and finance the League’s community outreach services. League members staff the Gift Shop daily as volunteers; there are no paid employees.